If there’s one thing we believe at MaidPro, (you may have noticed the running theme throughout my blog posts) it is that time is precious. Our founders kept this in mind when they built the business in 1991, and it is one of the reasons wedon’t do something that most of our competitors do: in-home estimates. Here’s how one aspect of our business, the phone estimate, is taking cleaning into the 21st century:
- It’s about time! If you don’t have the time to clean, you don’t have time to set up an appointment, wait at home for someone to arrive, watch while they do a walk through of your home, and get interviewed about your home cleaning needs. I mean, even that sentence took too long to type.
- Locate your nearest exit. No one likes a high pressure sales situation. So what if you learn that house cleaning is way out of your budget? Maybe you just want to shop around. It’s a whole lot easier to say “no” to someone on the phone than when they’re standing in your living room.
- It’s greener. By not traveling to every prospective customer’s home, we conserve gasoline and reduce carbon emissions.
- A clean home is a right, not a privilege. We try to make service as cost effective as possible. If we traveled to the home of every person who called us, the cost of your cleaning service would skyrocket to compensate for gas money, infrastructure and employees. By providing phone estimates, we can continue to pay our employees well and keep the cost of your home cleaning down.
- No guilt trip. You know your home is messy – that’s why you called us. With a phone estimate, you don’t have to explain yourself, or worse, do a “pre-clean” out of embarrassment that doesn’t depict the true state of your home. We like messy homes. They keep us in business. Go on with your messy self.
We all make decisions on where we want to spend our time – and while we would be flattered to think you want to spend it with us, we have no delusions. But, if you want to call and talk our ear off, we’ll be here waiting!