Today, as I found myself blowing dust out of the little crevaces of my antiquated cell phone, I decided it was time for a deep clean. Here is how I got my cell phone shining like (almost) new.
- Remove the external parts such as the keypad and cover.
- Dampen a soft cloth with rubbing alcohol and clean the external parts. If your phone has a delicate screen, refer to the owner’s manual for their recommended cleaning solution.
- Pour some rubbing alcohol into a small dish, and dip the tip of a cotton swab into the alcohol. Use the dampened tip to clean the spaces the cloth does not reach, like the seams along the side and in between the buttons.
This simple process will quickly disinfect your phone… even the hard to reach nooks and crannies!
Before you start to clean your phone, keep the following things in mind:
- You can purchase a cleaning kit for most phones that is more specific to your phone’s needs.
- Taking a phone apart may void the warranty.
- Most manuals will tell you how to clean your phone. If you treat your cell phone like a small pet, consult the manual, first!